'Every Child is an Artist' .... Pablo Picasso

I've been a FAN of watercolor painting
for many years. I'm not a pro, but I would
love to share some how to's and
tutorials about learning the ART.


Welcome to my blog - Learn watercolor painting

~*Practice ... Practice ... Practice *~

LINK TO all my Pinterest boards:
Follow Me on Pinterest

LINK TO Learn Watercolor board:
Follow Me on Pinterest

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Welcome to my blog - Learn Watercolor

IF you have always admired watercolor painting, it's not that hard to do.

I started out by adding some simple watercolors to my
Pinterest board - Learn Watercolors.

I could add pictures of watercolors there,
but I could not really explain some things more fully. 

HENCE the birth of this web page.   I can now list pictures here
and there will be links to tutorials on the web site.

There are many video tutorials on the web and you will find
excellent how to books at your local library.

Get a tray of Prang watercolors. They come with a brush.
There will be 8 colors in the Prang set.   Those retail for
less than $5.00
The Prang set comes with a brush, and just to dabble
around at first, this would be okay, but very quickly you will
want to upgrade and add a few brushes.

Sable hair brushes are the best for watercolor painting.
There are synthetic sable that are not too bad either.

Brushes are available as ROUNDS and FLATS. 
Rounds have a pointy tip and flats... well they are flat.
Rounds would be used for detail and flats for background
washes or larger areas that are to be painted.

The smaller the number, the small the circumference of the brush.
To give an idea about brush prices, I found these online

at Joann Fabrics.


Natural Hair Sable Brush Set-Round 1, 3, 5  (3 pack)
Available at Joann Fabrics - $1.99

My suggestion would be a round #1, a round #6,
a round #10 and a medium sized flat brush.

You can practice small designs and such on computer
card stock paper. 
If you want to do larger areas of wash backgrounds
you will need to have watercolor paper.  

PRACTICE ... PRACTICE. 


Brush chart - Rounds & Flats


No comments:

Post a Comment